Wednesday, July 9, 2008

# 14 Martin Reyes?

as i have mentioned in my previous entry, it's only now that i have been glued watching UAAP basketball. Even when i was in college, i didn't give a damn of at least watching the games of the fighting maroons. my primary reason why i became so concerned now in UAAP is because i want to watch the games of Chris Tiu of Blue Eagles. Back in season 69 (if i'm not mistaken) when Adamson got in the Final Four, they had a game with Ateneo. I watched that game live in Araneta, and that's when i first saw Chris Tiu plays. From then on, I tried to catch all his games, until only last summer in the NSL games that i had the chance to focused on his games. then i became interested to how collegiate basketball games go (i have seen PBA games from time to time, and i feel so bored!). I adjusted all my activities and promised myself to catch all the UAAP games especially on weekends; and tried to be home early on Thursdays to at least catch the 2nd game coz it's really impossible for me to catch the 2pm game. Anyway, i got to watch on TV all the 71st season's games so far.

Aside from feeling victorious, because Ateneo won because of Chris Tiu's 26 points, last Sunday's games left an impact to me because UP won. And i saw this #14 guy from UP Fighting Maroons named Martin Reyes. I was really impressed on how he played. I can't help but shout everytime he throws the ball from the 3-pt area. He's really great getting 21 pts, with some 3-pt shots in it. I have read from the newspaper that he's a sophomore? so that means, he still have 2-3 yrs stay with the team. I now became more interested watching the games because aside from Chris Tiu, there's now a Martin Reyes! :)

No comments: