Monday, July 14, 2008

A Monday High In Spirit That Turned Out Awful

It’s a Monday today, and it is very important for me to start the week with a smile. I woke this morning with a smile (even if I slept late last night), because I am still overwhelmed with the Ateneo’s 3-straight win in UAAP basketball. It was really a good birthday treat for Chris Tiu, who’s celebrating his natal day tomorrow, July 15. But my morning turned sour around 9:15. My boss was supposed to have a meeting with some foreign visitors at 10am. I had set this meeting a month ago, and I am really anticipating for this meeting. Since a month ago, I didn’t hear anything from the visiting party, and I, on the other hand, didn’t communicate with them either. I thought all the while that everything was set, and ready to push through today. Around 9:15, I called the visiting party to confirm if they are still coming. It turned out that they had cancelled the meeting because I did not call them back to confirm the meeting details. I was really shocked, how come that it turned out that bad… I was to blame because I did not call them… it might be considered as miscommunication between the two parties, but I am worried that this might give our company a bad reputation… of not being open and interested to accommodate foreign counterparts… I really feel depressed now. I waited for almost a month for this meeting, but things just went to waste. I don’t know what to do. I also felt more than guilty because my boss didn’t say anything nasty to me for putting a very good opportunity to waste. I really don’t know what to think now. I know I share a mistake on this… I made my day and my week as well a bad one… I hope to redeem myself. Good thing, my officemates are very supportive… consoling, cheering, and backing me up. In my few years of stay here, this is the very 1st time that this kind of misunderstanding happened. I hope this would not happen ever again…. I hope to be okay before the day ends… I really hope… I hope I will…

No comments: