Monday, July 7, 2008

UAAP 2008

It’s been 3 years since I graduated in college, but now is the only time that I’ve been interested in UAAP games esp. basketball (as I’ve said I was busy studying when I was in college… hahaha). I have waited for the UAAP opening since weeks ago, and so last Saturday, with my brother and sister, I was sitting in front of the TV set by 11am (we were able to watch the show on sports accidents and Taekwando TV).

The season’s host, (my alma mater) University of the Philippines presented a very ‘cultural’ opening. After the 2 hrs presentation, the games officially began.

1st game, FEU vs. AdU
Sorry bro and sis, your school lost, soar higher next game…

2nd game, UE vs. UST
The warriors won.

Sunday’s game.

1st game, UP vs. NU
After a win-less 70th season, Unibersidad ng Pilipinas, is really back to fight... With the very enthusiastic (Isko) players and great shots from #14 Martin Reyes, the fighting maroons got their first win this season and now has another reason to celebrate the centennial year…. Go UP!!!!

2nd game, ADMU vs. DLSU
Amidst the 22,008 (live) viewers of blue and green, Ateneo got their first win this season thru the help of Chris Tiu’s 26 points in the game… GO CHRIS TIU!!! :)
**********
UP was really a big surprise and they only deserve a BIG applause. I have no idea how they played last season but based on what had happened last year and on what I saw during their game with NU, it only means that they have improved a lot. The team has obviously worked hard to win that game, and may I single out Martin Reyes for giving impressive 3-point shots. With that kind of enthusiasm and attitude, the Fighting Maroons will have a far better season this year. Keep it up Iskos! Make our centennial celebration more special… UP FIGHT!

As usual the Ateneo-La Salle game had the most essential crash among the games last weekend. Their game has always been a crucial one; you’ll never know who will win when the time is still ticking. Both teams have very powerful players, not to mention their ace players, who show exceptional plays up to the last second. Ateneo won, and it’s really a good start for them to get the championship title (Iskos, let’s share them the title this year). But I was really delighted that Ateneo won (sorry Archers ), my sister kept on giving me ‘dreadful’ looks every time Ateneo scores because I can’t help but shout. hahaha… This coming Thursday, I think I will be given again those ‘dreadful’ looks because it’s ADMU vs AdU, and my sister happens to be from AdU. GO ATENEO!

No comments: